I have often said…
I enjoy the midweek bible study more than preaching on Sunday. For the past few weeks I have been changing the bible study to be more a hands-on experience, with handouts, object lessons, and tools to help us “think” more about our walk with God.
As I preached recently, the Apostle Paul said;
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.” ~(Philippians 4:8-9 ESV)
The KJV says, “…Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do:….”
And, as the old saying goes, “It is better caught than taught!”
Last Tuesday I made a quick trip to the antique stores in Centralia, WA…. I wandered from store to store buying up all the supply of skeleton keys I could find. Some were a little pricey, and others were dirt cheap. One store was selling out their inventory as they had sold the building, so I bought other things for future lessons!
Then, last night was a night of sharing. As each adult brought a scripture that was a key to them in living a Godly life, then I presented each with a skeleton key – as pictured here.
Such joy to hear the testimony of a particular scripture and what it meant to each as they dealt with the problems and challenges of life.
I made notes and think I recorded every scripture. If I missed anything then I take full blame!
In fact, I woke at 3am this morning and my mind immediately turned to all the sharing. My own scriptures will be posted tomorrow, but take a few minutes and look at these… Can they apply to you?
- Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Micah 7:8 KJV Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
- Psalms 51:10-11 KJV Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (11) Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
- 2 Corinthians 10:4 KJV (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- 1 Peter 5:7 KJV Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- Psalms 46:1 KJV To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Hebrews 10:26 KJV For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
- Matthew 6:14-15 KJV For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- Psalms 139:14 KJV I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
- Romans 8:35-39 KJV Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? (36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. (37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. (38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, (39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Psalms 91:2 KJV I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
- Isaiah 41:10 KJV Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
- Psalms 46:10 KJV Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
- Isaiah 40:31 KJV But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- Matthew 5:44-45 KJV But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
- Jeremiah 29:11 KJV For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
- 1 John 4:18 KJV There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.