Dateline: July 3, 1974, Houston, Texas
Our wedding date and location. It was an evening wedding before a long weekend off for our short honeymoon. It was a home wedding, hosted by Jack and Freda Huffman, somewhere near University of Houston.
Our officiant was Rev. A.E. Matney. He had performed my parents wedding 20 years earlier and looked the same in both photographs.
Our car was decorated, and there was shaving cream all over the steering wheel… Ruined my slacks if I remember correctly. We had to clean it up with that green napkin before we could drive off!
Some people take great care to plan their lives. Certain schools, careers, residences and experiences. Finding the right partner creates a dynasty, or so those wealthy families would espouse. But, Brenda and I sort of “jumped” into living. In those first 5 years of marriage, we moved about 14 times. Once kids came along we did settle down a little, and moved only about 10 times during the next 35 or so years. Careers, school, and life in general. From Texas, Alaska and Washington, we enjoyed life has we sought out locations, careers and God’s calling.
We slowed down our rapid pace and have settled to where we only had two residences over the past 22 years. We were never guilty of looking for anything specific, just a great life together.
We were successful!
We are still successful as we celebrate the first 41 years of life together. This is the year we both hit the big 60, as we have the same birth year. (You do the math!) Sure, there have been bumps along the way, but if you do not experience those lean years, how can you enjoy those blessed years? You know where you have been, and you know where you are at, and still, you guess at the future.
To my partner of life, I love you bunches and wish for many more years and joys to come.
Because I am a unique thinker, I thought to add these statistics. Hope you enjoy!
Date difference from July 3, 1974 to July 3, 2015
- The total number of days between Wednesday, July 3rd, 1974 and Friday, July 3rd, 2015 is 14,975 days.
- This is equal to 41 years.
- This does not include the end date, so it’s accurate if you’re measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an event that includes both the starting date and the ending date, then it would actually be14,976 days.
- If you’re counting workdays or weekends, there are 10,697 weekdays and 4,278 weekend days.
- If you include the end date of Jul 3, 2015 which is a Friday, then there would be 10,698 weekdays and 4,278 weekend days including both the starting Wednesday and the ending Friday.
- 14,975 days is equal to 2,139 weeks and 2 days.
- The total time span from 1974-07-03 to 2015-07-03 is 359,400 hours.
- This is equivalent to 21,564,000 minutes.
- You can also convert 14,975 days to 1,293,840,000 seconds.
- Today is 7/3/2015 and 7/3/1974 is exactly 14975 days before today.