December 4th, 2016…
It’s been a long day that began about 4:30 this morning. Prepping for church, going to church, and then returning home exhausted. Lunch of leftovers – Gumbo from Saturday. Excellent! Power Nap. Then playing catch-up with all the things I did not have time to do earlier this morning…
Still. It may not be the best excuse to be tardy…
On this date, December 4th, a lot of important things happened. Some personal. Others impacted a lot of people.
- 1563 – Council of Trent holds last session, after 18 years, countering the Protestant Reformation
- 1619 – 38 colonists from Berkeley Parish, England disembark in Virginia and give thanks to God. Considered by many the first Thanksgiving in the Americas.
- 1843 – Manila paper (made from sails, canvas & rope) patented, Mass
- 1952 – Killer fogs begin in London, England; “Smog” becomes a word
- 1954 – The first Burger King is opened in Miami, Florida, USA
- 2008 – I joined the Facebook crowd, the rest is history!
- 2011 – James Alton Gurley passes away
My disclaimer is still that many things happened today in history, and these few will probably bring a chuckle, or a bit of news not previously heard.
Now. For a favorite 12/4 scripture.
And in that day you will say: “Praise the LORD, call upon His name; Declare His deeds among the peoples, Make mention that His name is exalted. (Isaiah 12:4 NKJV)