Yes! December 11th…the second Sunday in December!
Happy Birthday Emma!
Still, the day means so much on so many other avenues…
- 1620 – 103 Mayflower pilgrims land at Plymouth Rock
- 1939 – David Gates, rock vocalist (Bread-Baby I’m A Want You), born in Tulsa, Oklahoma – my favorite soft rock/pop singer from the group Bread.
- 1941 – Germany declares war on the U.S. Even they were surprised by Pearl Harbor!
- 1946 – UNICEF is formed by the General Assembly of the United Nations
- 1961 – The first US helicopters arrive in Vietnam.
- 1969 – US paratroopers leave Vietnam.
On this day, since I started posting on Facebook 8 years ago, I posted:
- 2015 – Ladies and Gentlemen Start Your Engines
- 2014 – Foundation Values
- 2011 – Emma Purl is in the world and all is well!
And a favored 12/11 scripture, or two…
Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11 NKJV)
He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread, But he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding. (Proverbs 12:11 NKJV)