Just me and my bride.
Quiet time. Relaxing. I haven’t seen another live body all day long.
I know what this day can be like, but it’s been like none other….
- 1 – 1st Christmas, according to calendar-maker Dionysus Exiguus
- 1642 – Sir Isaac Newton born
- 1741 – Astronomer Anders Celsius introduces Centigrade temperature scale
- 1818 – “Silent Night” was performed for the first time, at the Church of St. Nikolaus in Oberndorff, Austria.
- 1868 – Despite bitter opposition, US President Andrew Johnson grants unconditional pardon to all persons involved in Southern rebellion (Civil War)
- 1896 – John Philip Sousa finally titled the melody “The Stars and Stripes Forever.”
- 1914 – Legendary “Christmas Truce” takes place on the battlefields of WWI between British and German troops. Instead of fighting, soldiers exchange gifts and play football.
- 1939 – “A Christmas Carol,” by Charles Dickens, was read on CBS radio for the first time.
- 1941 – Bing Crosby introduces ” White Christmas”
- 1962 – To Kill a Mockingbird debuts
- 1995 – Singer Dean Martin died at the age of 78.
- 1996 – Young JonBenet Ramsey is murdered
And on Facebook…
- 2015 – “Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence.” ~Anonymous All resolved tomorrow!
- 2011 – “Christmas, 2011“
- 2011 – “Christmas, 2015“
And a scripture…
“He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.” (John 12:25, NKJV)
“Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad.” (Proverbs 12:25)