Too often, this time of the year was spent alone with my family. Especially when living in Alaska. Everyone else traveled, but we often stayed at home. Who wants to miss winter???
What happened today over the decades and centuries?
- 1512 – Spanish Crown issues the Laws of Burgos, governing the conduct of settlers with regards to native Indians in the New World
- 1831 – Charles Darwin set out on a voyage to the Pacific aboard the HMS Beagle. Darwin’s discoveries during the voyage helped him form the basis of his theories on evolution.
- 1845 – Dr. Crawford Williamson Long used anesthesia for childbirth for the first time. The event was the delivery of his own child in Jefferson, GA.
- 1903 – In New York City, the barbershop quartet favorite, “Sweet Adeline,” was sung for the first time.
- 1904 – James Barrie’s play “Peter Pan” premiered in London.
- 1926 – Lee Salk was born
- 1932 – Radio City Music Hall opens
- 1945 – International Monetary Fund formally established by 29 member countries
- 1947 – The children’s television program “Howdy Doody,” hosted by Bob Smith, made its debut on NBC.
- 1964 – The Supremes made their first appearance on TV’s “Ed Sullivan Show.”
- 1965 – The BP oil rig Sea Gem capsized in the North Sea, with the loss of 13 lives.
- 1985 – Dian Fossey, an American naturalist, was found murdered at a research station in Rawanda.
My Facebook History…
- 2015 – “Accept what you can’t change. Change what you can’t accept.” ~Kevin Caldwell
- 2015 – “Victory comes to they that fight the good fight of faith.” ~Anthony Kaauamo
- 2014 – “The Year is Coming To A Close“
- 2012 – “Live simply. Love generously. Speak truthfully. Pray daily. Leave everything else to God.” ~Chris Limon
- 2009 – Sis Nona Freeman went home to be with Jesus and Bug last night about 10:45 pm. Keep the Freeman family in prayer.
And lastly, a scripture from 12/27
The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, But diligence is man’s precious possession. (Proverbs 12:27 NKJV)
He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly mistaken.” (Mark 12:27 NKJV)
Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. (Luke 12:27 NKJV)